Preventing & Defusing Workplace Violence
Every year, two million American workers report having been victims of workplace violence. Worse still, OSHA suspects many more acts or threats of violence — including physical assaults, verbal abuse, and threatening or harassing behavior — are never even reported. Unsafe, unsecured working environments not only pose threats to the health and stability of employees, but they also create undue risks to the employer’s business and reputation.
In this complimentary one-hour webinar, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorneys Elizabeth Bowersox, Tony Puckett and Nathan Whatley assist employers in identifying various risk factors that often contribute to workplace violence, address employer liability issues, and discuss strategies and best practices for preventing, minimizing, and defusing workplace violence.
- Causes and warning signs of impending violence
- Employer safety duties under OSHA
- Employer liability for workplace violence under state laws and workers’ compensation
- Laws regarding weapons in the workplace
- Considerations when crafting a customized workplace weapons policy
- Best practices for pre-employment screening, anti-violence and harassment policies, complaint reporting procedures, emergency planning, and more
This webinar is now available for on-demand viewing. Register below to receive immediate access. NOTE: Pre-registration (by May 20, 2019) was required to qualify for HRCI or SHRM credit and credit is only available for 30 days after webinar’s release.