Webinars & Seminars
Under control: Managing FMLA leave
For many HR and benefits professionals, the Family and Medical Leave Act remains one of the most complex, confusing and time-consuming programs to administer, monitor, and effectively track. Employers not only have an extensive checklist of do’s and don’ts to follow — including how to handle employees’ sensitive personal and medical information — but they also have to rely on employees to adequately communicate and cooperate with them throughout the process.
During this complimentary one-hour webinar, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorneys Paige Good and Charlie Plumb go beyond the basics to address some of the most common, yet challenging, FMLA compliance issues facing employers. Topics include:
- Requesting and obtaining medical information throughout the leave process
- Designating FMLA leave and substitution of paid leave
- Handling intermittent and reduced schedule leave
- Whether to continue offering health insurance and other benefits to employees on FMLA leave
- Steps for returning employees to work … and when it may be appropriate to terminate an employee on extended leave
- Identifying and addressing potential FMLA abuse
This complimentary webinar will be available for on-demand viewing on Wednesday, July 24, 2019. Please pre-register below to receive access information for the webinar as well as to sign up for certification credit, if interested. NOTE: Pre-registration closes at noon on Tuesday, July 23rd.
This program has been pre-approved for 1.25 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about HRCI certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
McAfee & Taft is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about SHRM certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.