Workplace Investigations: The right way to investigate wrongdoing
During this one-hour complimentary webinar, McAfee & Taft employment attorneys Kathy Neal and Charlie Plumb share real-world scenarios that illustrate how investigations are triggered, walk employers through the multi-step process of conducting a timely and effective investigation, offer practical advice for avoiding common pitfalls and mistakes, and discuss why a well-documented investigation is your best defense against later claims and disputes.
- Actions and incidents that lead to workplace investigations
- The objectives and benefits of an effective investigation
- What to look for when selecting an investigator
- Techniques for interviewing reporting employees, the accused, and witnesses
- Preparing the investigation report
- Post-investigation follow-up, including taking remedial action