At The Podium
Workplace Investigations: The right way to investigate wrongdoing
A formal complaint is lodged. An allegation is made. A rumor swirls.
So begins a workplace investigation. But did you know that how you conduct a formal workplace investigation is just as important as its ultimate outcome?
Kathy R. Neal
Charles S. Plumb
During this one-hour webinar, McAfee & Taft employment attorneys Kathy Neal and Charlie Plumb share real-world scenarios that illustrate how investigations are triggered, walk employers through the multi-step process of conducting a timely and effective investigation, offer practical advice for avoiding common pitfalls and mistakes, and discuss why a well-documented investigation is your best defense against later claims and disputes.
- Actions and incidents that lead to workplace investigations
- The objectives and benefits of an effective investigation
- What to look for when selecting an investigator
- Techniques for interviewing reporting employees, the accused, and witnesses
- Preparing the investigation report
- Post-investigation follow-up, including taking remedial action