Webinars & Seminars
Pension Plan Update: Interest rates and de-risking
Over the past 18 months, the Federal Reserve has raised interest rates 11 times in an effort to tame inflation. Rising interest rates create a unique opportunity for employers sponsoring or participating in defined benefit plans, because when interest rates increase, defined benefit plan liabilities decrease. Whether you’re exploring terminating your defined benefit plan or reducing financial risk, funding volatility and/or PBGC premiums for a continuing defined benefit plan, now is the time to explore de-risking strategies.
During this complimentary webinar moderated by employee benefits attorney Judy Burdg, ERISA attorneys Bill Freudenrich and Sam Wilkerson assist employers sponsoring or participating in defined benefit plans in understanding and navigating the complex issues associated with de-risking. Topics include:
- The impact of interest rates on defined benefit plans
- De-risking strategy options and their advantages
- Options for maximizing assets in overfunded pension plans
- Managing the surplus assets of a terminating defined benefit plan
- Who should consider implementing de-risking strategies and why
- Legal issues to consider when implementing de-risking strategies
This webinar is now available for complimentary on-demand viewing. Register below to receive immediate access. NOTE: This viewing is not eligible HRCI/SHRM credit. Pre-registration by September 18, 2023 was required to qualify for and receive HRCI or SHRM credit.