Kaitlyn Schrick Chaney
Kaitlyn Schrick Chaney advises corporate and financial institution clients in a wide range of transactional matters, with a particular emphasis on finance transactions and regulatory compliance. Kaitlyn has extensive experience as counsel to lenders and borrowers in all types of commercial finance transactions, including single-lender and syndicated credit facilities, first and second lien credit agreements, asset-based loans, and unsecured financings. She often represents clients in transactions involving real estate lending, construction lending, hospitality lending, franchise lending, energy lending, healthcare lending, and various other commercial lending matters.
In addition to drafting loan documentation, Kaitlyn is well versed in negotiating all aspects of commercial loan transactions. Her vast experience allows her to identify potential pitfalls, liabilities, and risks for her client, while still working to move the transaction toward a smooth closing. Banks and borrowers often seek her assistance to structure financing arrangements around complex corporate structures or regulatory requirements.
Kaitlyn also devotes a portion of her practice to counseling businesses and assisting them with day-to-day general corporate governance and transactional matters. Her diverse experience includes representing both public and privately owned companies across industries in a broad range of corporate and business matters, including mergers and acquisitions, entity formation and organization, corporate governance, and compliance matters.
Kaitlyn’s achievements have earned her inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (banking and finance law; business organizations; corporate law; mergers and acquisitions law) and Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys.Download Bio (PDF)
- Represented a major regional bank acting as administrative agent in a $47 million syndicated term loan for the refinance of indebtedness secured by 35 casual dining restaurants spread throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, Missouri, and Kansas.
- Represented major regional bank in all aspects of a $107 million term loan for the refinance of indebtedness secured by equity interest in a community bank.
- Represented regional bank in approximately $50 million asset-based term loan for the refinance of indebtedness to a national franchise operator.
- Represented major regional bank in $75 million asset-based syndicated credit facility to an energy exploration and development company.
- Represented a national chain of truck stops and convenience stores in all aspects of its syndicated borrowing transaction with a national lender for a loan of approximately $1 billion.
- Represented publicly traded borrower in the insurance industry in amendment and restatement of $750 million unsecured syndicated revolving credit facility.
- Represented a private investor group in a construction loan for the high-profile rehabilitation of a historic property.
- Representation of a publicly traded borrower in a $50 million floor plan refinancing with an international finance company.
- Represented a Texas-based lender in drafting term loans and revolving credit facilities to companies engaged in oil and gas exploration and production, gathering and transportation, and refining.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in numerous term loans and revolving credit facilities to companies engaged in real estate development, health care, manufacturing, and aviation
- Represented the commercial lending division of a large publicly held regional bank in drafting term loan, revolving loan, intercreditor agreements and subordination agreements.
- Represented multiple regional banks in the all aspects of construction loans to borrowers in the hospitality industry.
- Represented an international online training course company in the sale of its stock to a private equity group for total consideration of over $80 million.
- Represented international manufacturer of underground construction technology in the simultaneous acquisition of substantially all of the assets of two out-of-state technology companies for total consideration of over $15 million.
- Represented a rural Oklahoma-based home health care company in the sale of 100% of its assets to a regional healthcare system.
- Represented client in the formation of a joint venture with a publicly traded Canadian company to develop, own and operate various medical marijuana related entities.
- Represented a Texas-based cattle operator in the acquisition of the assets of multiple Oklahoma-based livestock sale businesses and facilities.
- Represented a client in the sale of Oklahoma’s largest newspaper, news websites, real estate holdings, and other related assets to a New York-based media company.
- Represented the owners of a regional well testing service company in the sale of its ownership interest to an Arkansas-based company for consideration of $6 million.
- Represented international manufacturer of underground construction equipment in its acquisition of 100% of the ownership interests of a Connecticut-based technology company.
- Represented rural home health provider in the sale of 100% of its assets.
Honors and Awards
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (banking and finance law; business organizations; corporate law; mergers and acquisitions law)
- Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
Civic Involvement and Leadership
Rebuilding Together OKC (Board of Directors)