Danae Grace is a transactional lawyer whose practice encompasses a broad range of commercial and business matters. Danae has represented clients in mergers and stock and asset acquisitions and sales of all sizes as well as various other transactions, including private equity investments, real estate transactions, commercial lending transactions, and general corporate governance.
Danae’s achievements have earned her inclusion in Oklahoma Super Lawyers‘ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s top up-and-coming attorneys.Download Bio (PDF)
- Represented The Charles Machine Works, Inc., parent company of Ditch Witch, American Augers, and other leading brands in the underground construction market, in the sale of the privately held company to The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC).
- Represented Tyson Foods, Inc., the nation’s largest protein-focused food company, and its subsidiaries in their acquisition of the poultry rendering and blending assets of American Proteins, Inc. and AMPRO Products for approximately $850 million.
- Represented Virgo Capital in the sale of its investment in Sayers Technology, LLC, a leading provider of data center infrastructure and other IT solutions, to Mosaic Capital Partners. The transaction, which was structured as an asset and membership interest sale, resulted in the restructuring of the ownership of Sayers Technology as an ESOP.
- Represented TTS, LLC, a Texas-based provider of transportation and logistics management services, in a merger with Sunteck Holdings, LLC, resulting in one of the largest multimodal, agent-based freight management service providers in the United States
- Represented Virgo Capital, a Texas-based private equity firm, in its acquisition of Chicago-based Sayers Technology, a leading provider of information technology services and solutions for business. The transaction involved negotiation of two credit facilities with two different lenders and a separate supply chain financing arrangement for the company’s equipment purchases.
- Represented the Oklahoma Publishing Company, a 108-year-old family owned company, in the sale of 100% of its stock to Anschutz Corporation of Denver, Colorado. The assets of the Oklahoma Publishing Company at the time of the sale included The Oklahoman, the state’s largest newspaper which was founded in 1903; NewsOK.com news website; an ownership interest in Dallas-based Pavestone, LLC, a leading manufacturer of concrete pavers and other landscaping materials; The Broadmoor Hotel, a 5-star, 5-diamond, 744-room resort in Colorado Springs, CO; Manitou and Pike’s Peak Railway Company, the world’s highest railway that runs to the top of Pike’s Peak in the Rocky Mountains; an ownership interest in The Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa near Austin, TX; numerous other real estate holdings; an extensive art collection by Western Masters; and an interest in the nation’s seventh largest cable broadband company.
- Representation of a regional automotive dealership group in a $170 million floor plan refinancing with a global automotive finance company.
- Represented an Oklahoma company in connection with its purchase of the assets of Dippin’ Dots, Inc. in a Section 363 bankruptcy sale for approximately $12 million funded by five separate loans from two lending institutions.
- Represented a publicly traded bank in a $300 million divestiture of a performing, subperforming and non-performing commercial real estate loan portfolio and real estate owned (REO) properties.
- Represented The Charles Machine Works, Inc., manufacturer of Ditch Witch underground construction equipment, in its acquisition of both American Augers, Inc. and Astec Underground’s Trencor product line of large trenchers from Astec Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: ASTE).
- Represented an Oklahoma-based ice cream and dairy manufacturing company with over 275 retail stores in a $50 million note purchase agreement.
- Representation of Oklahoma-based Fischer Enterprises, L.L.C., in a $5 million senior secured credit facility to Crumbs Bake Shop, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRMB), the largest cupcake specialty store chain in the United States.
- Represented an 87-store grocery chain in multiple acquisitions and sales of retail grocery stores.
- Represented the buyer of a manufacturing business in an Article 9 sale of collateral under the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in all aspects of commercial leasing transactions.
Honors and Awards
- Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Chair-Elect, Business and Corporate Law Section)
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Upward Transitions (Young Professionals Board)
- Rebuilding Together (Volunteer)
- Leadership Oklahoma City LOYAL Program (Class X)